Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa Phil!

My Grandpa Phil passed away 3 years ago on St. Patrick's Day. Every year we get together and have a birthday party for him! We usually have root beer floats (his favorite) and then go outside and sing Happy Birthday. All the kids have a green balloon and we let them go after we sing. Here is a video so my Mom could be a part of it! We love our Grandpa. :)
The kids watched their balloons go until they couldn't see them anymore, then Leah turned to me and said. "I wonder how long it takes for balloons to get to heaven." How cute is that? 
Also, my nephew Isaac wanted to go fishing for Grandpa Phil's birthday (anyone who knows him will understand). He said he was going to be lucky because it was Grandpa's birthday. He went out in the morning to a pond and caught 6 fish!!! (All by himself - he is 9) He said he just thought about Grandpa while he was out there and he thinks he helped him. :)

6 comments:

David said...

That is so cute! What a great way to remember Grandpa Phil. We had root beer floats that night as well. We love him and miss him. I can't believe that Issac caught so many fish. I bet Grandpa helped him!

David said...

that last comment was by me, melissa, your cousin. not david my spouse. :-)

Brooke and Ben said...

I am so sorry that Kalel was so sick!
What a scare.
We have had the yuckies too!
I am so glad that you are all getting better.

Jamie And Leo Sagebin said...

Cute!!!! I am so sad that I am not going! But I have a few weeks off in June so I will come for about 3 weeks!! And we can play, and you can teach me how to be a good mom!

DA pages said...

I miss grandpa soo much! I LOVE that you do that for him! I want to start doing that too!

Brian and Kira said...

Yikes! RSV is scary. I'm glad you are all getting better though.